Room9@wikispaces

Room9@wikispaces
Our digital portfolio

Friday, May 28, 2010

Karlie's Hug a ginga post

Heard about hug a ginga day yet? If you haven’t I’m surprised. I’m a ginga and love this day; I get free hugs and people talking about my hair all day. I reckon the father of the two boys that went on TV about this day is going too far, this day is meant to be fun not racist. I don’t know about anyone else but if my parents went on TV about my hair colour I would NOT be happy. I think that the father of these boys needs to think more about his sons because although they don’t want random people coming up to them and giving them hugs they probably don’t want their father talking about it on TV either. Personally I’m proud of my hair colour and love this day, so I can’t wait until next year.
Do you think that this day is racist? What about if it was hug a blonde day or hug a short person day? Should we discriminate against people in this way or as the radio station suggests, is this all just a bit of fun? What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Tyla and Christina rm10May 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

    we are going to go and hug karlie at lunch!!! we think it is good but we should have a hug a brown hair day and black hair day!!


    Tyla and Christina rm10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hug a ginga day is funny and cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wrong 'the term 'Ginga' is offensive and I find it sad how people take advantage even south park took advantage of us and on hugga ginga the gingas all ganged up and killed every body?????????? WHY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought hug a ginga day was awsome

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a good post karlie loe the vid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is mean that people use the term "ginger" It's really mean to the people that have orange hair. It's not there fault really, I mean what if they made a day called hug a blond or hug a brunet. just as mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that hug a ginger day is fun and if you interpret it the right way then you can have fun if you are a ginger. Thre are lots of blonde jokes that are more mean than the term ginger. Why does every one think blondes are dumb? I think that hug a ginger day should continue on. Nice post Karlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In australia we dont use ginga....... we use ranga!!! like orangatangs lol I reckon hug a ginga day or ranga day is pretty good plus the rangas would be happy getting hugged by every 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'ranga' & 'ginga' are quite rude and unfair if it was hug a red head or orange head we would be fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whats the difference to hug a ginga day than to hug others normally?

    ReplyDelete

Maths Geometry Quadrilaterals and Triangles

Angles Game Term 2 Maths Geometry